Global Acceptance and Legal Inclusion around the World
This webinar will present the results of a series of groundbreaking research projects, Polarized Progress, Social Acceptance of LGBT People in 141 Countries, 1981 to 2014 and Examining the Relationship between Social Acceptance of LGBT People and Legal Inclusion of Sexual Minorities.
- The creation of a Global Acceptance Index, which tracks the level of social acceptance of LGBT people and rights in 141 countries from 1980 to 2014.
- Trends in global acceptance revealed by the index
- The creation of a Legal Inclusion Index, which tracks the level of legal inclusion from 1980 to 2014.
- The relationship between acceptance and legal inclusion.
- How that relationship varies depending on the type of government, level of press freedom, and strength of rule of law.
Los Angeles: 7:00 AM
New York: 10:00 AM
London: 3:00 PM