April 7 – Annual Update: LGBT Rights & The Trump Administration
The Annual Update is the Williams Institute’s signature event, which addresses issues at the intersection of sexual orientation and gender identity law and policy. This year’s conference will be held on Friday April 7, 2017 at the UCLA Meyer and Renee Luskin Conference Center.
The conference is from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM and is FREE and open to the public. We ask that you REGISTER so we may prepare accordingly. If you are registering for more than one person, please submit an additional form.
LGBT Rights & The Trump Administration
1:00pm – 2:15pm
As we near the end of Trump’s first 100 days in office, what is the impact on LGBT rights? Panelists will discuss issues such as the repeal of protections for transgender students and a proposal for a broad religious exemption to non-discrimination protections, the impact of a new justice on the Supreme Court, and the increased number of anti-LGBT bills in states across the country.
- Melissa Goodman, Director of LGBTQ, Gender & Reproductive Justice Project, ACLU of Southern California
- Shannon Minter, Legal Director, National Center for Lesbian Rights
- Nancy Polikoff, Williams Institute Visiting Scholar, Professor of Law at American University Washington College of Law and Visiting Professor of Law at UCLA Law School (Moderator)
- Meeth Soni, Directing Attorney of the Adult Representation Project at ImmDef
- Rick Zbur, Executive Director, Equality California
For more information on the Annual Update, including other panels at the conference, please visit the Annual Update page.