SOGI and International Development
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
UC Washington Center
1608 Rhode Island Ave NW
How to Register:
For those individuals registered to attend the SOGI conference sponsored by the U.S. Government on November 12-14, 2014, a space at the symposium is temporarily being held for you. In order to attend the symposium, you must now complete your registration using the link below. Your space will be released if you have not registered by November 2, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. (EST).
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED.
For all other participants, registration is now closed. We have reached the capacity limit of the symposium and regret that we can not accept any more attendees.
Please note, the Williams Institute is not able to provide any assistance with lodging or travel for the symposium.
About the symposium:
Presentations and discussions will focus on the role of sexual orientation and gender identity in human and economic development, with a special emphasis on discussing survey techniques, demographic, economic and public opinion data collection.
The schedule will include presentations on the following issues:
* the inclusion of sexual orientation and gender identity into theoretical frameworks of human and economic development
* the need for population, demographic and econometric data to understand the lived experience of LGBT people
* recent advances in surveys of LGBT people, as well as challenges faced by those seeking to undertake such surveys
* theoretical and quantitative relationship between stigma and economic growth
* data about poverty among LGBT people and the measurement of stigma
* recent analysis of the major global surveys on public opinion about LGBT people
* in-depth research of public opinion on the national level in various regions
For more information, email Andrew Park at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310) 267-4382.