April 7 – Annual Update: Changing the Landscape on Gender Identity Data Collection
The Annual Update is the Williams Institute’s signature event, which addresses issues at the intersection of sexual orientation and gender identity law and policy. This year’s conference will be held on Friday April 7, 2017 at the UCLA Meyer and Renee Luskin Conference Center.
The conference is from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM and is FREE and open to the public. We ask that you REGISTER so we may prepare accordingly. If you are registering for more than one person, please submit an additional form.
UCLA School of Law is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider. By attending this conference, you may earn MCLE credit in the amount of up to 3.5 hours of Recognition and Elimination of Bias in the Legal Profession and Society credit. Separate MCLE registration is required.
If you are unable to attend the conference, join us as we live stream the event on ReadyTalk. The panels LGBT Rights & The Trump Administration and Changing the Landscape on Gender Identity Data Collection can be viewed live. Please REGISTER to gain access.
Changing the Landscape on Gender Identity Data Collection
2:30 – 3:45
Never in history have we had so much data about transgender and other gender minority people in the United States. Panelists will discuss new data from the United States Transgender Survey (USTS), the California Health Interview Survey (CHIS), and other large surveys. This will be the first time that new CHIS data on gender identity and expression among people in California are presented – a project that we, with the support of our UniTy donors, have been working toward for the last two years.
- Kerith Conron, Blachford-Cooper Distinguished Scholar and Research Director, The Williams Institute (Moderator)
- Jody Herman, Scholar of Public Policy, The Williams Institute
- Sandy James, Survey Project Manager, National Center for Transgender Equality
- Adam Romero, Legal Scholarship and Federal Policy Director, Arnold D. Kassoy Scholar of Law and Senior Counsel, The Williams Institute
- Bianca Wilson, Rabbi Barbara Zacky Senior Scholar of Public Policy, The Williams Institute
For more information on the Annual Update, including other panels at the conference, please visit the Annual Update page.